Search For Your Favorite Country Star!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Lambert Song Inspired By Death Of Blake’s Brother

Miranda Lambert tells Ladies’ Home Journal that she and Blake Shelton broke down crying while writing the song “Over You,” about Blake’s older brother Richie dying in a car crash in 1990. “One day he just opened up and was talking to me about it,” Miranda told the magazine. The song is on Miranda’s soon-to-be-released “Four the Record” album. “And then he was playing this pretty little melody and we started adding words. I said, ‘You went away,’ and Blake said, ‘How dare you,’ and we both started crying. I’ve never cried writing a song before. Now that I’m so close to him, it’s my pain, too,” she said. Miranda said Blake later told her he thought it would be better for her to record it because he didn’t think he would be able to “get through singing it every night onstage.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails