Search For Your Favorite Country Star!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Kellie Pickler Is ‘100 Proof’

Kellie Pickler will release her new album “100 Proof” on December 6th. She says the title of her new record is a way to show that she is “100 percent country.” Pickler has also said that the songs are personal reflections about her turbulent childhood in Albemarle, North Carolina, where she was raised by her grandparents after her mother abandoned her and her father was jailed. “It would not have been surprising if I had followed the same sets of steps of my raising. I think I just didn’t want to be that person,” Pickler told The Boot. “I just went home the other week and I ran into some people that I’ve known growing up and they’re still in the same exact place, mentally, that they were then. There’s been no growth. There’s no depth. It’s like flat paint ... It’s so sad. I grew up hearing everyone around me complain about everything. Hated their job, hated this, hated that. So miserable ... Minimum wage and living paycheck to paycheck and still not having the lights on.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails