Search For Your Favorite Country Star!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Toby Is Done Making Movies

Toby Is Done Making Movies
Toby Keith’s movie career ends with “Beer for My Horses” and “Broken Bridges,” because the singer says the return to films isn’t worth what it does to his first career, country music. “When I did the movies, it affected my songwriting. I think I had quality songs and we had hits and stuff, but it affected my day-to-day, my system, my routine and the volume of songs that I bring to the table when I record an album,” Toby tells The Country Vibe. “I got little or no bang. You know, songs get heard on the radio forever, but movies are like here and then they’re gone. ... There’s just not enough bang for my buck to waste that much time into a project.” Besides, he says, he has done what he meant to do. “[I] proved to myself that I could act and be in a movie with the Burt Reynolds and Kelly Prestons and people like that of the world, Tess Harpers, and hold my own. And it was like, ‘Alright, I done that. Now what did I get out of that?’ Other than the experience, we’re good.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails