Search For Your Favorite Country Star!

Monday, February 13, 2012

Julie Roberts Is Back

Julie Roberts Is Back
Julie Roberts says she hopes her shows in Maryland over the weekend will be the start of a long-running return to center stage. “My immediate goal is to get on the road and stay on the road,” Roberts told The Washington Post. “I don’t want to be gone that long again. I want to make people aware that I’m alive.” Roberts hasn’t performed outside of Tennessee since disastrous a 2009 and 2010, which saw her lose her recording deal and television movie project, and then her Nashville home in a flash flood. “I spent the entire year of 2010 rebuilding my home and rebuilding my life,” she said. The past year was a better one for Roberts, who broke into the music business after landing a job as an assistant to the chairman of Universal Music Group Nashville. She released a new album called “Alive,” although she is soldiering on as an independent without the resources of a record company. “Music is what I love,” Roberts said. “And honestly, I don’t have another option.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails