Search For Your Favorite Country Star!

Monday, February 13, 2012

Dolly Parton Mourns Whitney Houston’s Death

Dolly Parton Mourns Whitney Houston’s Death
Dolly Parton and the late Whitney Houston are forever connected through Houston’s version of “I Will Always Love You,” which Parton wrote and first released in 1974. It was a massive hit for Houston in 1992 as part of “The Bodyguard” soundtrack. Parton reacted to Houston’s tragic and shocking death on Saturday via a heartfelt post on her website, saying that her heart was broken. Parton even borrowed a line from their shared song, making her tribute that much more touching and poignant. “Mine is only one of the millions of hearts broken over the death of Whitney Houston,” Dolly wrote. “I will always be grateful and in awe of the wonderful performance she did on my song, and I can truly say from the bottom of my heart, ‘Whitney, I will always love you. You will be missed.’” Parton presented Houston with the Best Pop Vocal Performance by a Female award for her vocal performance of “I Will Always Love You” at the 1994 Grammy Awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails