Search For Your Favorite Country Star!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Lee Brice Makes History

Lee Brice made history when the Garth Brooks hit “More Than a Memory” – a song Lee co-wrote – became the first single to debut at No. 1 on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs chart. Now Brice’s current single, “Love Like Crazy,” has the distinction of making the slowest climb into the top 10, taking 46 weeks. Lee laughs, “Hey, I’ll take it any way I can get it. If it goes No. 1, then I’ll have the fastest-rising No. 1 and the slowest-rising No. 1. That would be something I can hang my hat on.” “Love Like Crazy” is the title track to Brice’s Curb debut album. The third single from the set, “Love,” scores the fourth-longest chart run in the 66-year history of Hot Country Songs, surpassed by Eddie Arnold’s 1948 hit “Bouquet of Roses” (54 weeks on the chart), Bobby Helms’ 1957 hit “Fraulein” (52 weeks), and Gary Allan’s “Right Where I Need to Be” (48 weeks in 2001).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails