Search For Your Favorite Country Star!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Randy Houser Defends Tracy Lawrence

Randy Houser was there when Tracy Lawrence was charged with disorderly conduct recently – and he says Tracy is getting a bad rap. The charges stem from an altercation with event promoter Elmer Cole Jr. after the “Smokin’ Country” concert in Bloomville, Ohio. Both men reportedly threw punches after a heated argument – but Randy insists that Cole was the one acting out of line. “Tracy was asked to cut his set short due to a storm, and then my set was canceled in its entirety due to that severe weather,” Randy tells The Boot, adding that Cole “was upset when his show was forced to cancel.” An argument turned physical between Lawrence and Cole after Lawrence’s tour bus became stuck in mud, and Randy said “it was made very clear that we were on our own.” “I believe Tracy had a right to speak to Mr. Cole. What happened after that, I don’t know, but I will say that Tracy appeared sober and cool-headed right before he walked down to speak with him. I know that Mr. Cole could have handled the situation with much more professionalism than what was demonstrated.” When police arrived, Tracy had blood running down his face and told officers, “Hi, my name is Tracy Lawrence. I would like to file charges on Elmer Cole. He punched me in the face and pulled a gun on me.” Cole denies having a weapon. Both men have since filed written pleas of not guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails