Search For Your Favorite Country Star!

Friday, June 11, 2010

Jimmy Wayne’s Walk Featured In People Magazine

People Magazine is running a feature on Jimmy Wayne’s Meet Me Halfway walk. The current issue, on stands now, was written by reporter Danielle Anderson and photographer Chris Baldwin, who joined Jimmy while walking through New Mexico on his final 400-miles to Phoenix. Jimmy says, “It hasn’t been easy, and took a lot more time than I thought it would, but I wouldn’t change a thing – except maybe the temperatures in January, and now! All kidding aside, I have met a lot of great people along the way and I feel I have definitely raised awareness of the issues young people who age out of the Foster Care system face. Without a family or any kind of support group, they often end up homeless. We’ve got to change that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails